Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Easter...

Hello fellow stampers!

I'm on the home stretch for Easter cards, what with the big day coming up this weekend. Luckily this week's Farm Fresh challenge over at TGF is all about Easter as well. I started off with an idea to alter a Bean stamp by adding Easter Anya's rabbit ears to her but then I was wishing I had a boy Bean so that I could change things up a bit. Sadly there aren't any boys though so I continued on with my first idea. But once I got her done I started looking at all of my Bean stamps and found a couple that with just a bit of tweaking could be altered into little Boy Beans fairly easily. So of course you know I had to give it a go. I grabbed Bright Bean and wiped away her clothes and eyelashes before stamping her then drew in a smart Easter outfit for my new Bean. I just colored him up and trimmed off the long braids when I fussy cut him out and viola! I'm so happy with how he turned out that I couldn't wait to share so my initial girly Bean alteration will have to wait 'til tomorrow. 

I paired this spiffy little dude with more Doodlebug paper from the Easter Parade collection. I love it because one little piece of paper and I've got an entire card pretty much ready to go. All I had to add was my Bright Boy Bean, that 'happy' die and a few enamel sprinkles... oh, and Easter Anya's basket of eggs too. Now that I've done this alteration I'm dying for a few official Boy Beans to join the TGF family... fingers crossed! Who's with me?  :) 

Ok, I'll see ya tomorrow with more Easter fun.     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (Easter Parade)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Bright Bean, Easter Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Prima shabby tote
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Simon Says Stamp happy die
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E23, E25, E29
clothes- E30, E42, E43, YG21, YG23, YG25, YG17, E44, E49, E40, 0, RV10
basket- E30, E31, E34, Y38, YR04, BG53, BG57, Y15, Y17

9 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg this is totally Awesome! !! You totally out did Yourself on altering this one!!!
Besides Easter being this weekend our weekend is busy too. Our pet mini pig gets neutered Saturday morning. He can't have any food 24 hours before. It's going to be torture for all of us.
Enjoy your day!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Islander Girl said...

Love this!!! Would you considered doing a start to finish card for The Greeting Farm? We would love it if you did! Email me if you are interested at islandergirlcreations@gmail.com

Thanks and we love your work!

Kate said...

Wow! I think you just created Easter Boy Bean for TGF! Or made it a whole lot easier for other people to make him with your tutorial! Every time I see your posts I think more and more, it seems like once you master the art of copic coloring, its a whole lot less paper to cut and fiddle with to make a super fantastic card with the "wow" factor, which by the way, every single card of yours has! I don't have Easter Anya, but I ordered the Prima Julie Nutting hat stamp set to alter stamps to turn them into holiday figures. There is a a bunny head band stamp, a witch hat stamp with a slit in the brim, a party hat, and one more (I can't remember). Can't wait to see tomorrow's card!

yvon said...

Love your creation, makes me feel so happy.
Hugs, Yvon

Leanne said...

hehe, this is awesome Amy! That paper! The alteration.. WOW!! This is fabulous!

Julie D. Richards said...

Total cuteness.

Carisa said...

Queen of altering!! I adore this! Ack, I love how you colored his shirt plaid and the basket. *swoon*.

Stephanie said...

You are so great at altering!! I have the stamps you used, I might just have to try it, ️TFS!!

gobeagirl said...

Ok, I have been the worst blogging for the past year that I can't even stand myself. lol... I was just sitting here tonight and it dawned on me that I liked checking in on my blogging friends and telling them just how much I loved what they had created. So with that being said, you can see why I am here tonight. I hope you are doing well and enjoying this wonderful weather we are having this year. I think this card might be my favorite one. Very cute! Hugs Lisa