Thursday, May 24, 2018

You are a magical mermaid...

Olo!

Tuesday I did a live coloring video over in the 7 Kids Customers Create Facebook group and this Gorjuss mermaid was the subject of said video. She is called Awashed and as you can see from my card she is one of the super sized Gorjuss Girls that really fill up the front of an A2 sized card. Which is great fun if you just want to go to town with your coloring. Because most of the original Gorjuss Girl art tends to be more dark and muted I wanted to take this mermaid in a completely different direction. So out came the bright purples, pinks and oranges and now she is a happy little goldfish mer. For the background I simply colored some blue green water using my Copics and added some stamped details with the kelp looking reeds by masking her off first. After the video was filmed and I started putting the card together I did decide to go back and add a few more reeds stamped on top of her which really helped to place Awashed right in the middle of that kelp bed. So if you've got an hour and a half to kill and want to see how she came together I hope you go catch a replay of that live video.  :)

Toodles!
  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- DoCrafts (Awashed Gorjuss Girl), Neat and Tangled (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (Succulents set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores, Hero Arts teal
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
sequins
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- V04, V05, V06, RV04, RV06, RV09
tail- Y11, Y02, Y15, Y17, YR04, YR07, YR09, RV02, RV06, RV09
clam shell- E50, E41, E43, B000
water- B00, BG53

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!! She came out soooo very Beautiful!!!! Definitely will have to watch the video!!!!!! Love the whole card!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

OMGosh, she’s gorgeous. I didn’t know there was a Gorjuss Girl mermaid. Hugs.