Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Grateful for you...

Mornin' folks!

So yesterday I shared my card using the lovely Uptown Zodiac Girl Virgo and now it is time to see how a few small tweaks when coloring can really add to the versatility of these stamps. This is actually the third month in a row that I have ended up with a very different version of the stamp without it requiring much altering. In fact Virgo is stamped as is, all of the changes I made where done totally with my Copic markers and some selective cropping. For this card I wanted to transform Virgo into a trench coat wearing Fall beauty so that I could enter her into this month's Bellarific "Hello Autumn" challenge. To do that I just used my brown markers to create the lapels, belt and pockets that help transform her dress into a coat. Another simple change was done by choosing a very dark brown hair color for her so that I could simply color over most of the flowers in the original image's hair. Then all I had to do was grab the wonky scallop square die and cut her off mid thigh to get rid of the rest of the gown. No big tricks or manipulations, just a few easy tweaks that make all the difference!  :)

Have a good one my friends!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink 
paper- October Afternoon (Weathervane)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Zodiac Girl Virgo), Sugar Pea Designs (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Avery Elle wonky square frame die
Studio Calico woodgrain sequins
crochet flower (thanks Jac!)
Smooch silver
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E43, E44, E47, E49
clothes- E50, E53, E55, E35, C3, C5, YR24, YR27, E18, E81, E84, 0
background- Y11, Y08, Y17, YR23, YR12, YR04, YR27, R22
sky- B0000, B91