Sunday, September 23, 2018

You do the tricking...

Hello, hello! 

I've got a special Sunday post today because I'm excited to be guest designing for the September release at Craftin' Desert Divas! Today is actually day 2 of sneak peeks and we are featuring the super cute Doxie Duos stamp set. The great thing about this set, besides the darling doxie, is that it spans from Halloween all the way to Christmas and winter cards, making it really versatile. For my first card featuring this set I inked up the Witchy Doxie and did a bit of masking to include the little candy pail accessory stamp and sentiment as well. My most favorite doxie in the whole wide world is my friend Tracey's sweet girl, Pickle. Pickle is a beautiful all black mini and whenever I have a doxie stamp to color she tends to be my inspiration. The all black coat really lent itself to this Halloween scene quite wonderfully. So instead of coloring the entire front of the card into a scene I thought it would be a fun change of pace to color in my own frame around a smaller, more contained scene. I really love how this turned out and how it left me with some white space that I could then play around with a bit by stamping some extra spiders into. 
To see even more Doxie Duos cuteness from the talented Craftin' Desert Divas design team just head on over to the CDD Blog or check out the Craftin' Desert Divas Gallery group on Facebook. I will be back tomorrow with another CDD sneak peek so I hope you come back to check that out!

Laters! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Craftin' Desert Divas (Doxie Duos)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Ranger glossy accents
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
doxie- C6, C7, C9, 100
eyes- E34, E35
costume- V04, V05, V06, V09, YG00, YG03, FYG2, G07, C2, C4
candy pail- Y19, Y38, YR04, YR09, YG03, G07, RV04, RV19, B00, Y15, YR09
spiders- W4, W7
ground- E42, E43, E44, E47
sky- BV02, BV13, BV04
moon- C0, C2, 0
hedge- BV25, BV29

2 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Eek, so stinking cute. Is a Doxi a Dauchsand? If so my brother has a red one next door. Have a beautiful day girlfriend. Hugs.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is really cute too!!!! The doxie reminds me of my friends ALL BLACK Basset Hound that passed away a couple years ago!!! Love the fun spiders!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke