Saturday, February 23, 2019

Wishing you all the best...

Hello, and welcome to the weekend!
 
 I'm back on the Stamping Bella blog today with a fairy tale inspired scene card featuring the lovely Tiny Townie Butterfly Girl Bess. It's not a secret that ever since I was a little girl I have always been in love with fairies, mermaids and the like. I was the kid reading old fairy stories and high fantasy books, dreaming of magical worlds beyond our own. That affinity for all things mystical now translates into a weakness for fairy character stamps like the Tiny Townie Butterfly Girls... I can't get enough of these beauties! I chose to ink up Bess today because I thought she would pair well with the awesome Gnome Backdrop stamp. For anyone who is wanting to try their hand at coloring in scenes for their character stamps these Backdrops give you a great jumping off point to work from, taking away the stress that a blank sheet of white paper can sometimes bring with it. By stamping everything in a light colored ink I could seamlessly transition from the Gnome Backdrop filling the center of my card into the distant hills in the background as well as the dirt path and flowers that I extended in the foreground myself. So if coloring scenic cards is on your list of creative card making techniques to try, I highly recommend checking out the various Backdrops that Stamping Bella has to offer. They are a wonderful tool to have in your belt as you set off on this leg of your creative journey.
 
Hugs!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Butterfly Girl Bess and Gnome Backdrop), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento desert sand and Versafine onyx black
Papertrey Ink scallop Noted die
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Nuvo white blizzard
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- RV21, RV14, RV29
dress- Y11, Y21, BV000, BV01, Y35, YR04, YR09, E09
wings- RV02, RV21, Rv13, YR21, YR04, YR09, RV29sky- BG0000, BG000, B00, 0
mushrooms- YR21, YR14, YR18, E81, E84, W0
road- E30, E31, E42, E43, E44, W4, W6
mountains- BV31, BV20, BV23, BV25
grass- YG01, YG25, YG67, YG00, YG01
flowers- RV63, V05, RV69, Y02, Y15, Y26, YG25, YG67

0 comments: