Saturday, August 1, 2020

Favorite apple in the orchard...

Hey there!
 
I'm on the Bellarific Blog today, ready to kick off August with a brand new Scenic Saturday card. Even though it is hot as blazes out there right now I can't help but notice the ever ripening apples in the orchards that surround my home. Which leads me to thoughts of shorter days, the low rumble of tractors at harvest and cool, crisp mornings waiting for the bus to take me to school. Yes, even though fall may not be in the air yet it is certainly on my mind. So when I saw this Little Bits Fall Fruits cutie in my collection I knew she would make the perfect scene capturing that nostalgia I've been feeling. As someone who loves telling stories with my stamps these Little Bits scene building sets couldn't make me happier. This little gal comes with the bushel of apples and then I added in the log and leaves from the Little Bits Nature collection. There are just so many ways to mix and match all of the Little Bits collections that I can make a bunch of cards with them and never worry about my crafting getting too repetitive, which makes this crafter very happy. I finished off my early autumn scene with the Fall Backdrop, omitting the lower part of the path to make it work for my overall design a bit better. The primary colors that I chose for her outfit when paired with the shiny red apples also help bring to mind that back to school fall look that I was going for. To finish the card off I grabbed the sentiment that comes with the Apple Cider Oddball, whom I'm now thinking I need to color up next, LOL!

Later gators!

      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Little Bits Fall Fruits, Little Bits Nature collection, Fall Backdrop, Apple Cider Oddball)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, E95, E97, E35
clothes- E81, E84, E49, Y02, Y21, Y26, Y28, B52, B45, B63, B66, B37, B39
sky- B0000, B00, B41, B52, C00, C0
grass- YG01, G43, YG93, G94, G99
log/tree/apples/leaves- E31, E33, E74, E77, E89, Y02, Y15, YG23, G46, R32, R35, R05, R39, R89, YG01 
basket- E21, E31, E33, E35, E25
road- E31, E41, E42, E43, E44

3 comments:

Claire said...

A fabulous scene
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!

MaryN said...

Love the apples, appletree, and leaves.
As always great job coloring... you do such a fantastic job on your backgrounds. You always come up with supper ideas!!! :)