Saturday, February 27, 2021

No one is you...

Hello, hello!

I'm over on the Bella blog with a new Scenic Saturday card to share. Life has gotten hectic and a bit stressful for me lately so when I started flipping through my stash of Stamping Bella stamps for today this peaceful looking Yoga Mochi Girl totally captured my imagination. I envy how zenned out and relaxed she appears to be so creating this scene was a good reminder to make time for myself now and then. I started off by coloring Mochi girl and sort of did a zentangle technique on her top with three aqua colored Copics, filling in the spaces left between the lines with a black marker. I think it turned out quite stylish, LOL! Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Good Vibes sentiment set so that I could color around it making it appear to be a poster hanging on the studio wall. Finally, it was time to tackle the yoga studio. I knew that I wanted it to be light and bright and super calming so I sketched in large floor to ceiling windows on either side of Mochi Girl allowing me plenty of space to add a tranquil zen garden in the distance. Using a Copic colorless blender to add some "shine" on the windows not only helps to create the illusion of a glass pane being there but they also create direction lines that subtly lead the viewers eye right to the star of the show. The end result is a pleasant yet empowering message that would brighten any friend's day. :)    

Stay crafty my friends! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Yoga Mochi Girl and Good Vibes Sentiment set
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20, RV32, RV34
hair- E21, E55, E27

clothes- FBG2, BG05, BG09, B39, T4, T5, T7, T9
mat- V04, V06, V99

floor- E31, E34, E43, E44, E55, E74
sign- YG00, G20, YG11, G43

wall- W00, W1, W2, W4

sky/water- B0000, BG000, BG70, B12
background- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG61, YG63, YG67, G24, G43, G02, G94, BG96, BG99, E34, E74, E44