Saturday, February 13, 2021

I'd pick you...

Hello crafty friends!

It's time for another Scenic Saturday card over on the Bellarific blog and since it is my first one in February that means it is time for another Tiny Townie Garden Girl. Each month I plan to color up the flower which represents that month, starting with Carnation in January. February's flower is Violet and she is just as sweet as can be. The 'shy violet' saying kept running through my head so I decided to make the majority of her look quiet and understated then had the little flowers adorning her be the vibrant pops of color. I'll admit that I had a new decorative die that I wanted to pair with her and it ended up influencing the overall design in a big way. Because the die made this smaller perforated rectangle that Violet just fit into perfectly, I decided to use it as a guide for my scene coloring behind her. All I added to finish this particular card was a few gems and this great sentiment from the Spring Sentiment set

Limiting the amount of white space that you have for coloring is always less intimidating and can seem much more do-able for anyone who wants to color in some scenery for their characters but may not feel up to taking on an entire card front. When that happens take a peek at the tools you have on hand like stencils and dies to see how they can give you those decorative limits. You still get the fun and creative release of coloring in whatever scene you imagine plus the added bonus of a clean and simple design that allows your character to really stand out as the star of the show.       

Stay crafty!  


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Garden Girl Violet and Spring Sentiment set
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Catherine Pooler flirty fuchsia and grape crush
Papertrey Ink border bling die
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- V000, V91, V95, V12, V99
flowers/dress- V04, FV2, BV08, V0000, V000, BV00, BV11, YG03, YG17, YG67, G99

sky- BV0000, BV00, BV01, BV02, V0000, V000
ground- YG00, YG03, YG63, G94, E41, E43, E44, E30

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love your card, so beautiful 😍 And the scene makes it seem so lifelike and tells a story xx

Fikreta said...

so very nice card!