Monday, May 10, 2021

Made for eachotter...

Hello friends!

I'm back on the TGF blog with another Mermaids Galore card as I continue to celebrate all things MerMay. It feels so good to finally be making a dent in this amazing kit that was released last year and was also recently available in the April Farmer's Market. For my card today I paired this cute swimming mermaid, her arms outstretched, with the adorable otter who is doing the same. With a little masking of his paw before stamping her I was able to make it look like they are holding hands.  Next I colored them both up along with the sandy sea bottom and the rock piles. Then I masked the two and used my Copic airbrush system with a sun ray stencil to color in the water around them. I love how it looks like the light from above is filtering down through the waves. Once I had the water done I stamped on the sentiment and bubbles that are also included in the kit. The final finishing touches were freehand coloring in the kelp bed all around our two deep sea besties and grabbing my white pen to add some sparkle and shine to the mermaid's tail and the bubbles.  :)

Toodles! 


 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Mermaids Galore Kit
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Stucio Calico mojito and Papertrey Ink Cocoa Bean
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, YR24, E99

top- E81, E84

tail- BG10, BG11, BG72, BG75, BG78, YR30, YR31
otter- E30, E31, E43, E44, E47, E79

sand- E50, E30, E31, E33, E43

rocks- BG93, BG96, BG99, FYG1
water- Y000, G00, BG11, BG23, BG34, BG72

kelp- G16, G28