Saturday, April 16, 2022

Egg-stra special...

Hello friends!

It's Scenic Saturday and that means I'm up on the Bellarific Blog with a new card to share. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday so I wanted to squeeze in one last Easter card for the year. As I flipped through my collection of Stamping Bella stamps there where a lot of super cute Easter themed images to choose from but when I saw Tiny Townie Heidi Needs a Hug, I knew I had found my stamp. Sure, she's not technically an Easter stamp, but with all of those lovable little chicks I knew I could make her work by simply pairing her with the right sentiment from the Easter Sentiment set. Sadly, I think that Heidi Needs a Hug must be retired because when I went to create a link for this post I couldn't find her in the store... so sorry about that. 

The little chick offering the flower is a separate stamp so I started by stamping and masking him then stamping Heidi right up close next to him so the two overlapped a bit. I then die cut them out using this large scalloped rectangle die so I knew how much space I had to work with in creating the spring scene they would live in. Next I stamped the large sentiment right above them using a blue ink that would match the sky I colored in, making it fade out and have a more subtle impact on the over-all card design. Between Heidi and the chicks I kept their color palette relatively simple with a happy pink and yellow combo, even her blonde hair plays into the color scheme. Not having a lot of real estate behind them I created one of my go-to simple backgrounds, a large expanse of grass with hedges or trees growing at the horizon line in the distance. There is nothing wrong with having a few simple backgrounds to fall back on from time to time as it isn't always necessary to reinvent the wheel. Especially when there are simple ways to change them up a bit here and there, like choosing different colors for the grass and or bushes/trees. In this scene I used more pinks and yellows for the shrubs to represent forsythia and other blossoming spring trees off in the distance. I then chose a bright, white card base to adhere my scene to which really makes those spring colors pop! 

Thanks for stopping by and a very sweet Easter to all the Bellas who are observing the holiday tomorrow. :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Simon Says Stamp and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Heidi Needs a Hug and Easter Sentiment set
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico true blue
Papertrey Ink large scallop rectangle die

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55, E44
clothes/flowers- RV00, RV10, RV21, RV32, RV34, RV95, C1, C3, Y13, Y18/Y11, Y21, Y26, Y00, YG03, YG67
chicks- V01, Y11, YR31, YR23, YR15, YR07, YR18
sky- B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02, C0, 0
grass- YG21, YG03, YG25, YG63, G94, G99, G24

bushes- Y13, Y15, Y26, RV52, RV55, RV95

0 comments: