Thursday, April 21, 2022

Hey there...

Hey, hey!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with a card that I've been wanting to create since last fall. During that fall release I made a large 5x7 card using the Nesting A7 Dies and the Tree Neighbors stamps. For that scene I chose all of the nocturnal animals from the set and created a night scene where they are all congregating together. At the time I had it in the back of my mind to create a companion card featuring the rest of the forest critters in a day scene taking place in the same hollow tree and grove. All these months later I finally made it happen and I'm so glad I did!  

To build my one layer scene I placed the tree stamp in my Misti stamp platform and used Memento desert sand ink only on the holes, to lightly stamp a guide for where to place the bunnies and squirrels. Once they were on and masked, I then stamped the entire tree in Memento rich cocoa ink.  Next, I added the birds, one of which was borrowed from the Picked For You set. I had to use a mirror stamp to flip the woodpecker the right direction for perching on the side of the tree. The birds and hollow tree got masked so I could then stamp in just the tree from the Country Roads Background on the other side of the card. Finally, the mini background (minus the path) from the Storybook Friends set was stamped across the middle of the card in that light desert sand ink to complete the scene.Finally it was time to remove all the masks and reveal the completed scene so that I could begin coloring. I grabbed my Copic markers and began with the bright blue morning sky and the rest of the daytime background. Once the forest grove was colored in saturated blues, browns and greens it was time to bring all of the little woodland critters to life. To finish off the card I used the same mix of stamps that I used on the original nighttime card, Big Greetings with its coordinating die and a sentiment from the Fly a Kite set. This time around I used Catherine Pooler suede shoes as that blue matched the sky and my card base perfectly. The end result is a happy morning in the forest where those birds are telling everyone else to wake up and get the day started. :) 



 

Before I go, I thought it would be fun to share both of the cards side by side so you can see the difference between the night scene and the day scene featuring all of the animals from the Tree Neighbors set.  :)

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Tree Neighbors, Picked For You, Country Roads, Storybook Friends, Fly a Kite and Big Greetings)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and desert sand, Catherine Pooler suede shoes
Hello Bluebird A7 Nesting Dies
Hello Bluebird Big Greetings coordinating dies
Copic markers:
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
bunnies- E30, E31, E33, E34, E40, E41, E42, R00, R30, R32, E04
squirrels- E40, E42, W2, W3, W4, W5, R0000, R00, R20
wood pecker- R14, R17, E09, N0, N1, N2, N3, N4, N5, N6, N7, N10

bear- E51, E53, E55, E57, R30
birds- C00, C1, C3, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y18, B01, B12, B14, B93
sky- Y0000, Y000, Y00, B00000, B000, B00
mushrooms- E81, E84, R05, R17, E09

little trees- YG13, G24, G99, E44
big trees- E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, YG23, YG03, YG17, YG67, BG99
dirt/grass- E30, E31, E43, YG01, YG21, YG03, YG25, G43, G24, G94, G99

0 comments: