Saturday, June 17, 2023

Life is a beach...

Hello there!

I'm up on the Bellariffic blog today and we are headed to the beach for this week's summer inspired Scenic Saturday card. The Mini Oddballs Playing in the Sand had caught my eye and there is something about this mischievous pair that had me excited about telling their story on a card. I began by stamping this fun loving pair into the lower left hand side of this A2 sized card front. I knew that between the ocean, sand and sky that I would need to figure out where the horizon line would land. One of the easiest cheats I share for that is to use the eye line of your main character as a reference point. Grab a ruler and whether a little above of a bit below their eye line, quickly sketch in your horizon and this will convincingly lead the viewer's eye back into the far distance of your scene. Because of their smaller size and the low placement of my stamping, the horizon line at the Oddball girl's eye line ended up splitting the scene nearly perfectly in half. The top of the card became all blue skies and wispy clouds while the bottom half contains all of the action. I wish I could say that I planned for that all along but in truth, this was a happy accident that added a great sense of balance to the over all scene. All that was left for me to do was color up these Mini Oddballs in some bright, happy colors and hint at some rippling waves disappearing off into the distance. As a final finishing touch, I was compelled to add some beach umbrellas way back at the horizon line, opposite the playful kiddos because I felt that the design needed an extra splash of color and balance. To be honest, they probably look more like beach balls but that accomplishes the same goal so you won't find me complaining, LOL!  ;)

 

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Lawn Fawn and Copic X-Press It

stamps- Stamping Bella (Mini Oddballs Playing in the Sand)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

girl hair/eyes- E53, E35, E57, E79/BG000, C2, E84, E89

swimsuit/sandals- BG10, BG11, BG13, BG72, Y02, Y13, Y18, C6, 100
boy hair/eyes- YR21, YR04, YR27, E29/BG000, C2, YG23, YG97

crab- R22, R27, YR07/BG000, C2, E57

sand- E30, E31, E33, E35

sea- BG000, BG01, BG02, BG07

sky- BG0000, BG000, BG01, C00, C0, 0

bucket and shovel- YG00, YG03, YG95, Y13, Y17

beach umbrellas- YG13, YG25/Y13, Y18/ YR04, YR07

0 comments: