Sunday, April 14, 2013

Let the fun begin...

Hiya friends!

Are you enjoying this fine Sunday? It's been sunny but very windy here so I haven't been very ambitious about getting out and tackling any yard work. Plus, once I get a few things done off my "to-do" list I'll be heading to the hospital to check on my mom. So far we are still on track for getting her back home tomorrow and nobody is looking forward to it more than her. :)

I recently added Monday Morning Creeper to my TGF collection and thought it would be fun to ink her up for this week's Double Take Tuesday. It's a color combo challenge this go round and we are to use pink, yellow and turquoise together on a card. I went to my scrap bags to find a random mix of papers that would work but once I had a few pulled I realized they were all from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection... so much for random, LOL! 
Now you may have noticed that I did a bit of altering to Monday, while I love her sassy short hair and overall look, I didn't want her to have drowsy eyes or a skull on her shirt for this card. So I wiped them away before stamping and then used my light box to trace on Royal Pain's wide eyes and brows. The stripes on the shirt were even easier as all I had to do was connect one end to the other to complete the lines. Now she is bright eyed and ready to take a spin on her birthday scooter. ;)

Ok then, time for me to make like a tree and leave... later! 
 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Dear Lizzy (Neapolitan)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Monday Morning Creeper), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic black multiliner pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
eyes- G43, G46, BG0000, 0
clothes- G000, G00, G14, Y00, Y06, Y18, R30, R32, RV42, E43, E47, E49

10 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Love your altering, it's better than the original. Such a sweet card.

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg this is soooo stinking Cute!!!!!! Love how u altered her too!!!! I saw you won from the SisterStamps release. Congrats!!! I really wanted that cute doggie. Guess i have to do more shopping at ATS. I did color up last night Butterflies Brooke & Bree and saw this morning a challenge I can use them for over at Anyone For Anya challenge.
Have an Awesome day!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh she's so cute Amy. As always, perfect alterations. Glad things still look OK for your mom to come home tomorrow.

Betsy said...

Awww ... what a fun card! I love the Dear Lizzy papers!
I got my prize package in the mail a couple of days ago! Thanks so much! I'm hoping to get some time later today to play!
Hope your mom is able to get home tomorrow!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Soo cute Amy. Love the altering and the colors.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I am sorry to read read about your Mom. I hope that she is feeling better. I've had mine out and it is no fun when you get that first attack. You feel it from the front to back and can't really breath. Tell her I send my love when you see her. Now, for this adorable card! That is so you and I just love how you made Monday Morning look. She is too cute and I love your alterations. We have had the same kind of weather as well and it hasn't made me want to go for a walk since Thursday. :O( Oh well, I'm sure there will be more days and chances for that. Have a wonderful Sunday. I am trying to get a card or two made today. Take care, hugs Lisa

Billie A said...

Glad your mom is doing better and will be home soon. That's always a comfort. No place like home and your own bed.
Your card is darling and greatly altered. I wish I could do that with my body parts I don't like. Wipe them out. LOL Great card and wonderful colors. Love your card

Tress said...

Hope your mom is continuing to heal! Love the altering you did on Monday Morning Creeper! She looks like she walked into a surprise party!

Sammi said...

Um I think I should stop looking at your blog.. just makes me want more stamps hahaha!! She looks AWESOME here!!
xxx

RiNNE said...

so funtabulous!!! love the scooter!