Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Dashing through the snow...

Olo!

So I was browsing at Simon Says a few weeks back when I stumbled upon these little cartoony characters from LDRS Creative and immediately fell in love. It's been a long while since I've added any of their stamps to my personal collection but these were a must have. The people are from a set called City Sidewalks and the car is from the City Streets set. I masked dad into the drivers seat and wanted to get the mom from the set in there too but it was a bit too tight. I compromised and colored in the back of her head so it appears as if she is looking off in the opposite direction. There was plenty of room in the back seat for two kiddos but I did have to use a mirror stamp to get the little girl facing forward. Once I had the family all in place I masked off the entire car and used a city scene stencil from Altenew with a bunch of Catherine Pooler inks to create the background. Once the snowy road and festive family had all been colored with my Copic markers I grabbed the Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white to add the falling snow and the slush down at the tires as they race home to put up their tree in time for Christmas. I kinda love that this looks like it could be a scene out of an annual Christmas cartoon on TV, LOL!  :)    

Thanks for stopping by!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- LDRS Creative (City Streets and City Sidewalks), Verve (sentiment), My Favorite Things (mirror image) 
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Papertrey Ink pure poppy and Catherine Pooler aquatini, all that jazz, daydream and juniper mist
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof white
Altenew city scene stencil
Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
dad/daughter hair- E35, E57, E29, E49

mom/son hair- YR21, YR24, YR27, E47
clothes- YG03, YG95, YG97, YG99, RV10, RV02, RV14, RV19, RV99, V04, V17, V09, B02, B06, B39, C5, C6, 100
ground- T2, T3, T5, BG10, BG11, BG53, C00, C1
car- T5, T7, T9, C00, C0, C1, C2, C4, C7, N5, N8, R14, R27, R29, Y000, W4, W6, W10

tree- G14, G07, BG99, G94, YG63, E84, E89