Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Sweet Easter Hugs...

Hello again!

So my card today is definitely a different take on the traditional Easter card but it cracks me up so that's all that matters. I've had the super cute Spring Gatherings stamp set from Hello Bluebird in my stash for some time now but it had yet to see ink. When I started to really study all of the little accessory stamps that are included in the set, a light bulb went off in my head and a card idea was born. How cute would it be to pair the chocolate bunny with the piglet? Cuter yet... why not grab the Gallery Frame #5 die with its three panels and create a storyboard of said piglet eating that chocolate bunny until there was nothing but a bit of chocolate left smudged around her mouth? So that's exactly what I did. On the first panel I masked the entire bunny into piglets arms. Then on the second panel I wiped away the chocolate bunny's ears and top of the head. Finally, on the last panel there is no bunny and I simply used the same dark brown Copics as I had on the bunny around the piglet's mouth. In the background I colored in the wood floor then grabbed the Woven Background stamp to add a cool wallpaper look behind her. Since I didn't have the perfect sentiment already at hand I instead used the Charlie alpha dies to cut out the large 'sweet' then mashed up two of the tiny sentiments included in the Spring Gatherings set to complete the message. Some Glossy Accents on the chocolate bunny and ribbon bows added to her head were the final special touches I needed to wrap up this quirky Easter card.  :)       

Have a good one! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Woven Background and Spring Gatherings)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Studio Calico glass slipper and Catherine Pooler mint to be
Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #5
Hello Bluebird Charlie Alpha dies
Ranger glossy accents
ribbon
Copic markers:
pig- YR0000, YR000, YR00, E21, E23, R000, R30, W4, W7
chocolate bunny- E35, E57, E29
floor- E41, E81, E84, E31, E33, E34, E44, E57, E74