Saturday, May 8, 2021

Smile...

Hey there!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today with another sweet scene card using new stamps and dies from the May release that just hit the store. This time around I grabbed the Summer Woods scene die to draw inspiration from. With its long slimline profile there are so many different scenarios that it can accommodate.  I finally decided that this trio of friends from the Pig Out stamp set would be perfect strolling through the Summer Woods. Once I knew where this card was going I cut the background die out of the white card stock that I use for coloring and used Copic markers to add color to the grass, bushes and trees. I did an ink blend for the sky background using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Speckled Egg and Squeezed Lemonade. The cute critters from the Pig Out set were stamped on white card stock using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I colored them using Copic markers in soft colors that would looks nice with the diffused colors of the sky behind them. I then used the coordinating Pig Out dies to cut them out and add them to the scene with foam adhesive so they pop up slightly. The sentiment is a mix of one of the stamps in the Pig Out set, also stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, that I finished off with the new Jane Small Alpha dies. I cut the letters out of the same white card stock and lined them up along the white frame to make them look like they are a cohesive part of that frame. A few flowers were stamped into the grass then colored as a nice finishing touch to this happy card.  

Toodles!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Pig Out)
Hello Bluebird Summer Woods Scene die
Hello Bluebird Jane Small Alpha dies
Copic markers:
trees- E33, E34, E44, YG13, YG17, YG67
grass/flowers- YG21, YG03, YG25, YG63, G94/Y15, Y17, E37
bushes- YG00, YG23, YG17, G07
duck- E40, E42, BV01, W00, R000, R30, YR23, YR27
pig- YR0000, YR000, YR00, E21, E23, R000, R30, W4, W6
bunny- E50, E30, E31, E43, E55, R000, R30