Monday, November 1, 2021

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Good morning!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today and I'm excited to share a card today using a mix of stamps from the new holiday release as well as a few older gems. The stamps that sparked the initial inspiration are the new Deck the Tree set. The cute bunnies and squirrels in the set are busy decorating for Christmas with all the fun accessories that are also included, like the strands of lights and stockings. All they needed was a tree to trim so I grabbed the Tree Neighbors set and did some selective stamping with the tree stamp. Because my card size is a standard A2 flipped to landscape that didn't leave much room and I really needed both the branch at the top of the tree and the roots at the bottom. So when it came time to stamp, I positioned the tree on the left edge of the card stock and only inked the top to just above the middle hole. Next, I cleaned the ink off and re-positioned the tree and inked only the bottom to just below the lowest hole. This didn't line up perfectly but I knew that once I colored in the tree it would hide any mismatched lines.   

As sweet as the bunnies and squirrels are, I thought it would be cute to add the deer from the O Christmas Tree set into the mix. I also borrowed the tree stump from the Woodland Littles set to give the bunny something to sit on. Once they were all colored using Copic markers I added details like Ranger glossy accents to the strand of lights and stripes and polka dots to their scarves using a gold pen. Up in the top of the tree I masked off the hole so I could stamp one of the squirrels inside and then I added the cute little cardinal out on the branch. To really help create that winter atmosphere I used Dr PH Martins bleed proof white acrylic paint to dot snowflakes in the air as well as a bit of snow build up in the crook of the tree and out on the pine branches.

This snowy woodland Christmas scene just needed one more thing before it was complete and that was the perfect sentiment. I found just what I was looking for in the new Merry Little Christmas set and I love how it encapsulates the whole holiday decorating prep theme that I was going for. If you would like to watch me color up this entire scene you can catch the replay of my Facebook Live that I filmed on Sunday.  🙂

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Deck the Tree, Merry Little Christmas, Tree Neighbors, Woodland Littles and O Christmas Tree)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Ranger glossy accents

Dr PH Martins bleed proof white

gold pen

Copic markers:
Sorry, I didn't keep a list but you can see the colors used here