Saturday, May 21, 2022

Waving hi to the Guppies!


 Hello there!

We are jumping back to digital stamps celebrating MerMay with this week's super cute Guppy release at Sweet November Stamps. These cute little mermaids are small and simple to color, making them perfect for when you are short on crafty time. There are six Guppies joining the Sweet November family; Cora, Gilly, Marina, Betta, Baylee and Shellsea as well as their fancy Guppy Sandcastle background builder.

My first card pairs Baylee and Shellsea playing in their Sandcastle. I blew up the castle nice and big so that it filled most of the card front. I then added Baylee in front of the window, copied the castle and cropped it to begin at the end of the tail so that when I layered the second castle over both it made it look like she is swimming through the window. I then added Shellsea sitting up top. After the scene was printed out I used some clear stamps to add more details, like the fish and seahorses from the Merwees #1 and Mermees #1 sets and the bubbles and sentiment from the Mermaid Hair set.


Next I printed out Guppy Cora then masked her off before adding the dock, rock and seagull from the Dock on the Bay clear set. With that seagull in the picture I just had to color Cora to look like a certain little mermaid that we all know and love. The sentiment was borrowed from the Wee Lynn set.


 

Finally, Guppies Gilly and Marina are playing a game of tag in the swift flowing currents that I colored in around them. Again, I added bubbles and the schools of fish from the Mermaid Hair clear set and the sentiment is from the Merwees #1 set



Now be sure to check out the Friends of Sweet November Stamps group on Facebook for even more Guppy cuteness from Caitlin, Faye and our newest full time addition to the Sweet November Gals... Amanda Garrett. We've also got two talented guest designers joining us this week; Miria Molinari and Margo Laeremans. Don't forget, I will be coloring Live today at 11am PST over on my Adventures in Coloring with Amy Facebook page and I hope to see ya there!

You can also find us on Instagram @sweetnovemberstamps and don't forget to use the #sweetnovemberstamps any time you share a card or project using SN images so we can see all of your beautiful makes!

0 comments: