Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Count your rainbows...

 

Hello, hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with a cute card celebrating the April showers that come this time of year with this sweetie from the Singing in the Rain set. She just has so much joy about her that I created an after the storm kind of scene for her to live in, borrowing builder elements from a handful of other sets from the shop. I began by stamping in the little girl using Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then placed a mask over her head so that I could stamp the hillside from the Storybook Friends set behind her using the same ink. I didn't ink up the entire image because I wanted to create my own path for the scene and I also stamped it twice to add a few more trees to the background. Next, I borrowed the puddle from the Puddle Play set and stamped it using Lawn Fawn Jellyfish ink just below her foot. I also used the Jellyfish ink to stamp the clouds from the Singing in the Rain set up in the sky. Finally, I added flowers from both the Bear Family and Storybook Friends set all around. With the majority of the scene in place, I could then grab my Copic markers and start coloring. I gave this happy girl the classic yellow rain coat and rubber boots so she would stand out like a ray of sunshine after the storm has passed. Up in the sky I colored a rainbow going into the clouds because I already knew which sentiment I was going to use from the Rainbow Script set. I then began mapping out the scene by sketching in a meandering path that winds from one side of the card to the other. Once everything was all colored I completed the scene by adding a tree die cut from the Winter Birch Scene die. It was just the finishing touch that this cheery card needed.  :)

Toodles!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (
Singing in the Rain, Storybook Friends, Puddle Play, Bear Family and Rainbow Script)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Lawn Fawn Jellyfish and Catherine Pooler fiesta blue

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Hello Bluebird
Winter Birch Scene die
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Ranger glossy accents

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- E33, E35, E37, E29
clothes/umbrella- V01, Y00, Y02, Y15, RV10, RV02, RV32, RV34/ YG00, YG01, C1, C2, C3, C5, BG000

sky/clouds- B0000, B000, B00, B01/C0, C1, C2, 0
rainbow- R43, Y38, Y13, YG03, YG25, B02, B63, BV13

trees- YG05, YG45/YG13, YG07/YG21, YG23, E84

grass/flowers- YG01, YG03, YG25, YG63, G43, G24, G94/Y06, Y18, YG17

path/birch tree- E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, B000, B41, B12/E40, E81, W1, W3

0 comments: