Friday, July 19, 2024

Inner mermaid...

TGIF my friends! 

I needed a quick card for an order recently, so I thought it would be fun to ink up this cute mermaid from the Go with the Flow set once again. This time around I stamped her on a mini slimline card front and let some of her long hair be cut off by the edge of the card. Not only did this shorten the coloring time but I also like how it makes her look like she is swimming into the scene. Once I had her and her critter pals colored up, I masked them off and used a wave stencil and the Copic airbrush system to add a quick background. One of my darker teal pens had recently been refilled so it was extra juicy and when I turned on the air compressor the ink splattered all over the card. At first I was worried that I had ruined the whole thing but when I removed the masks the splatter ended up being a very happy accident because I love how it mimics bubbles floating all around them. After breathing a sigh of relief, I added the sentiment from the Seashells and Sunshine set up in the opposite corner to complete the card.  :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Go With The Flow and Seashells and Sunshine)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink tropic teal
Whimsy Stamps mini slimline die
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Simon Says Stamp wave stencil
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
eyes- BV13, BV17, BV29
hair- BG000, BG01, BG05, BG07, BG09, BG78
tail/top- C1, C2, C4, V01, V05, V06, V09, BG53, BG57/BV00, BV13
starfish/shell- Y38, YR04, YR18/YR30, YR31
octopus- BV00, BV02, V04, FV2
big fish- C00, C1, C4, RV00, RV02, RV13, RV14, Y15
little fish- Y02, Y17, YR04
water- BG11, BG32, BG57, BG09, BG78