Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sweet to the core

Hello to you on this wonderful Sunday morning!
Wonderful not because of the weather, no that is gray and rainy here, but wonderful because I get to enjoy the day off! Woot, woot! :)

My craft room is in serious need of a major clean up and I'm hoping to tackle that this morning so I can get it all messy again by this afternoon, LOL! Is it sad that I'm actually looking forward to cleaning? I guess when it is organizing papers and crafty goodies it doesn't feel like such a chore and usually re-finding some lost treasure is enough inspiration to get my creative juices flowing.

Ok, I've got another just-for-fun card to share today and this one uses the little School Wormy stamp from CC Designs. I've always thought he was so cute... probably because he kinda reminds me of the Lowly Worm character from Richard Scarry books. I have fond memories of learning to read with those books. :)

Anywho... I think he is a perfect fit with that apple paper and I hand cut out that large apple sentiment for him to sit on too. Fun, cute and quick... not bad at all if you ask me!

Well I hope you enjoy your day as much as I plan to. Adios!



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon and Scenic Route
stamp- CC Designs (School Wormy)
Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Fiskars border punch
ribbon
Kaiser Craft gems
computer generated sentiment
Copic markers:
YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17, G07, R24, R27, R29, E44, E47, E49. E40, BG000

19 comments:

Tasha said...

So sweet! Love the little book worm and the fabulous sentiment. Fab papers
love tasha xx

Kimberly S said...

Fun card, and such a cute little bookworm! :)

Renkata said...

You are right about cleaning the craft room.....I did that this morning too, but now it's the same hihihihi
He is really very sweet and cute.
Adorable card Amy.

Juls said...

uttely adorable! Just Love everything about this card! Hugs JUls

Nancy Thomas said...

The worm and apple are just so cute. Enjoy your day off.

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your yummy apple card, amy! so cute! wowee, you hand cut that puppy? how awesome is that! love that apple DP too. school wormy is adorable. thanks so much for sharing and have a great day off! i hear ya about cleaning and then making it messy again. have fun playing! *hugs* steph :)

Me said...

Whar a funny card,love the bingopaper.

Grtzz Marjon

Sharon said...

Very cute card. Funny you should mention cleaning the craft room, that's exactly what I did yesterday.

Sudha said...

Sweet card dear.Cleaning the craft room is so boring, I also want to clean my craft room but nt. in a mood of cleaning,its so boring.

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... how cute is this, Amy!! I think of Lowly Worm as soon as I see it... too cute, LOVE your hand cute apple!! Enjoy your day off!!

gobeagirl said...

Happy Sunday morning to you! This is an adorable card. I really love it. As you will see on my blog I spent last night until very late cleaning up my desk. WOW, what a heap of stuff. lol...I think my staying up late and then getting up to grocery shop at the big W. caused me to wake up with my headache this morning. No fear though, I am powering through. heehee Have a great day off. Hugs, Lisa

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is too adorable! I didn't know there was a digi of a bookworm! Love your apple--you really DON'T need any Nesties, do you? Cute, cute, cute!!

Norma said...

Super cute love the colors and that worm is so cute!!!! Love it

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is such an adorable card! fabulous colouring too.
Kristy xo

Robin said...

Great card Amy, love the colours! PS. love your new release! Robin

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so adorable! (Sorry I haven't been around much - I have been knitting and staying off of the computer trying to finish some projects I promised someone, before the snow hits!!) :-)Traci

Alice said...

too cute. adorable card, Amy!

RiNNE said...

How very sweet, Amy! Awesome apple/leaves cut-outs! That worm stamp is adorable, and I love how the red and green pop out against the neutral background! Hope you got lots of cleaning and discovering done!

Leanne said...

hehehe, love him. I always think of Harry Potter, not sure why, maybe his glasses when I see that image. Great and fun card Amy.