Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bee cute!

TGIF my friends!

This was quite a week, wasn't it? All those new May stamps being released which are now available in the All That Scraps store... fun stuff! I made a few cards for the other releases but since I was busy with the Sweet November previews they haven't made it up here on my blog yet. 

So today I'm  sharing my card that features the newest little character to be introduced to the CC Designs range of stamps. This tiny toddler is called Beatrice and for her debut she is available both dressed up as a strawberry and dressed as a bee. I think it is pretty obvious which one I chose to ink up first, LOL! Bee-trice is as sweet as honey and I thought that it would be fun to color her hair into a mop of curls, kind of like a fuzzy bumble bee. All of the papers were pulled from my scrap bags but they are all October Afternoon, just from a couple different lines. I really like the pop of turquoise with the traditional black and yellow bee colors. Then I simply added a few dimensional bee stickers to keep Bee-trice company and called this one done. :)

All of the new May stamps are now available in the ATS store and you've still got until tonight to get your name entered into my Sweet November Garden Gnome candies below.

Enjoy your Friday!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon 
stamps- CC Designs (Bee-trice), CC Designs (Bees Knees sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
American Crafts knock out border punch
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Sticko puffy bee stickers
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- T5, T7, T9, T10
clothes- E44, E47, E49, BG000, Y13, Y15, Y17, C5, C7, C9

16 comments:

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
wat een lieve stempel en dan dat vrolijke en mooie papier,dat is samen een topkaart!
groetjes van corry

Marianne said...

She's really cute and I love the colour combo.

RiNNE said...

Oh my, she is super cute!!! I love what you did with her hair! Fab coloring!

Unknown said...

I love the card! I am going to have to get some of the paper! Great job.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card Bee-utiful!!!!! love how you did her hair. Did you do a tutorial on it?? loved the new release week! Have an Awesome weekend!!!
hugs,Heidi

Nancy Thomas said...

I loved this when I saw it on the ATS blog - the curly hair is a stroke of genius. Just cute as can be.

Evinrude said...

very cute Amy. I love the different paper used.

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love the pop of blue! And love those little bee stickers, I have the same ones, the little sticko puffy pack! I love those:) And I just love little bee-trice too!TFS!

Craftdee said...

BEE-autiful, Amy! (sorry, couldn't help myself, lol) Really is cute tho', love your colours... the turquoise really makes it pop. TFS, Donna

Lau W said...

Oh wow ! SUperb colors ! Love this cute little bee ! Very nice card !
xxx

Leanne said...

hehehe, when i saw this on the ats blog i smiled real big. love the touches of turquoise in between the blacks and yellows. she's adorable and love her fuzzy curls. gr8 job Amy!
;)

yvon said...

Really cute!!!
Hugs, Yvon

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so adorable! I love how you colored her hair and even though I don't really like bees (scaried of them big time) I can just picture a bug fuzzy bumble bee when I look at her. This is great paper and I love your little saying. I hope that you had a great day. I ended up working a 10 hour day, but I'll love it come payday. lol... Hugs, Lisa

Cami said...

Oh Amy, this Bee-trice is just too cute and I love that fuzzy/curly hair! Great combination of papers also!

Juls said...

just LOVE it!!!! hugs Juls