Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A bowl of peas

Hey there! 
With so many new stamps hitting the store this month it's already review preview day over on the ATS blog. Last week I had fun inking up Bee-trice so today my card features the other just as adorable Strawberry Beatrice. She is the berry sweetest don'tcha think?

This card is another case of knowing exactly which paper I wanted to pair up with an image as soon as I laid eyes on her. Sure, there are a lot of prints from the Crate Pretty Party papers that I just love but this strawberry pattern is my absolute fave of the bunch. So I colored up Beatrice to match the little vintage looking strawberries and started to lay out the card design. But when it came time to complete her story with fun embellishments I got a bit stuck. Nothing new was coming to me so I thought it best to go ahead and get a sentiment on there at least. That's when I found this gem in the Berry Logos set that gave me just the direction that I needed. I know that using pearls isn't much of a change for me but I do think that they make cute little peas scattered down around her feet. :)     


Ok, there is even more review preview fun and inspiration from my fellow ATS teamies on the All That Scraps blog so be sure to hop on over there too! And all of the new May stamps can be found in the ATS store here!

TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Crate (Pretty Party)
stamps- CC Designs (Strawberry Beatrice and Berry Logo sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox chestnut roan
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
The Twinery Twine
Queen & Co pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- R32, R35, R37, R30, E35, E57, E59, Y13, YG01, YG25, YG67, E81, 0

17 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this card is Super Duper Cute!!! love the papers you used on this. Great use of the green pearls on this too!
hugs, Heidi

Lou said...

Hi! this really is very sweet,what a pretty image and with your amazing colours/detail it is gorgeous- I love your style so much :)
have a lovely day,hugs Lou.xx

Mette said...

Lovely Amy. She's just the cutest lil strawberry girl and love your papers.

Hugs, Mette

Lau W said...

Oh love this sweet character ! your card is delicious :-)
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

The green pearls as peas are a great touch! Perfect paper choice too!!

Hlora said...

Love your card. Great colour and I love the image.

Evinrude said...

Very clever Amy....love it!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is too cute.

Maria Therese said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute ♥♥

Mary J said...

So adorable Amy - those peas are sooo cute!!

Danni said...

So creative and cute with your peas!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I love your peas! They are awesome! hehehe. Papers go perfectly and I love that cutie. You have a real knack of putting together nice scene cards :D

Isa said...

Is very sweet !! Beautiful, Amy !!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so so so sweet! I just love strawberries and I think you have found the best paper and the cutest little girl to put together for this very sweet card. I love how you colored little Beatrice and I love this crate paper paper. I hope you had a great day today. We had lots of sunshine and I found out that Maddie was in the paper last night for being on the honor roll.. We are very proud of how far she has come this year. Mitchell has too, but it takes him a little longer and a little harder work than her. He'll get it next year. :O) Hugs, Lisa

Juls said...

too cute! hugs Juls

Leanne said...

:D awe, this is adorable! love that shade of pink on her hat. Those "peas" are perfect.
Totally cute, love it!
;)

RiNNE said...

Perfect papers and brads for that cute and most adorable stamp! Makes me smile!