Sunday, May 20, 2012

You make the world better

Hello again,

I was lucky enough to have this card published in the April/May issue of Designed to Color magazine as part of their Rainy Day theme. I really love this sweet Donna digi from Tiddly Inks and even though I've gotten her on cards before she was the first image to pop into my head when I read the call. As you can tell, I'm still lovin' that yellow and grey combo... I'm not on trend enough to tell you if it is still cool or not but it doesn't matter to me. I think this pairing is a keeper. :)
My 'Designer Tip' about creating the project that I sent in with my card was; I printed out the digital image twice and actually colored, fussy cut and pop dotted the umbrella to give it added dimension over little Donna.

Have a great day everybody!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (stripe), October Afternoon (polka dot and floral)
digital stamp- Tiddly Inks (Donna)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Tim Holtz Iced Spruce distress
Divine Twine
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, Y21, YR24, E35
clothes/umbrella/grass/frog- Y13, Y15, Y17, B91, B93, T1, T3, T4, Y000, Y11, G40, G43, G46, YG67, BG000

14 comments:

Hlora said...

Brilliant ... Lovely card ..
Great colour and I love the image.

Lau W said...

So nice card, superb colors, your papers are so beautiful !
xxx

Lynne in NI said...

Congratulations! Its a beautiful card ... I've never tried yellow/grey together, but its such a pretty colour combo.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the color combo and the image too. I have that one too. Gorgeous card.

Annette Allen said...

Congratulations...how exciting...

This card is sooooo AWESOME..

Craftdee said...

Your card is too cute, I love that colour combo (fashionable or not, lol) Donna ☺

Leanne said...

It's gorgeous Amy.
Congratulations!
;)

Marianne said...

Congratulations Amy! So well-deserved! It's a gorgeous card and image and those colours really work well together.
Marianne x

Heidi Brawley said...

Gorgeous card Amy!!! I have been loving the color yellow a lot on my cards lately. Hope all is getting better with your Mom. I found only 1 of the 6x6 pads yesterday for from Jo ann's. Will mail out to you tomorrow after work. Have a Great day!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Mette said...

Wonderful card Amy and loving the colour combo. Super sweet image and loving the dimentions.

Hope all is well with you and that your mum is getting better. Thinkinh of you.

Hugs, Mette

Tina said...

Yellow and gray is one of my fave color combos. Such a cute image and card. I hope all is well...

Evinrude said...

Love it Amy.

Arabella said...

So lovely! I love the grey and yellow combo and the umbrella looks fab popped up like that!

Arabella

RiNNE said...

Congrats on getting this stunning card published! The color combo is very cool...and I'm telling you this because not only are you a trend-setter, but you are also very modest. Thanks for the tip...It is such a beautiful card...I just love the color combination and the coloring!