Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cake and candles...

Good morning!

Is it Thursday already? Sheesh, where did this week go? It feels like I had all this time to get stuff done and none of it really happened... what a slacker I've been. To prove that fact, this card that I'm sharing isn't even one I made this week. Nope, it is about a month old but I had a good reason for waiting to post it here. 

You see, my bloggin' buddy Berenice contacted me way back in December about her niece Jessica, and how she wanted to surprise Jess with one of my birthday cards in person. I was more than happy to help Berenice out, and even more so when she sent me this fabulous digi stamp to use on my card. Not only is Jess a fellow color enthusiast, but she is also a young entrepreneur who started her own little digi shop to help raise money for her college education and this Cupcake Time image is from her shop; Jess' College Fund. This pretty birthday baker was a dream to color and with the scene she is in I really didn't want to fuss up the rest of the card too much. 

So I mailed it off to Berenice last month and Jessica had it for her birthday here in February... Happy Birthday Jessica and I hope your digi shop continues to grow and grow!  :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories (pink), My Mind's Eye (polka dot and hearts), Doodlebug (green stitched)
digital stamp- Jess' College Fund (Cupcake Time)
stamp- Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Prima shabby tote
Tim Holtz tiny attacher 
Doodlebug and My Mind's Eye enamel dots
gold thread
Stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20, YG91
eyes- E55, E57, BG000, 0
hair- E21, E23, E27, E49
clothes/cupcakes- RV10, RV32, RV34, YG00, YG01, YG03, E30, E31, E34, E50, BG10, BG45, BG49, RV14, RV25, RV29, Y15, BG02, YG95, E81, 0, E43
shadow- W0, W1

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Beautiful and very lucky to have a work of art by you!!! Your coloring is Perfect as always and those colors are pretty cheery to celebrate too!! Have a wonderful day!!!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning Amy, love this gorgeous image, beautiful bright colors and your coloring is fantastic as always :) Jessica must have loved this card so much xx

Sara I. said...

Ah-mazing!! Couldn't be any more perfect.

Unknown said...

Dear Miss Amy,
Thank you so much for the lovely card, it was so thoughtful of you. Your coloring is stunning! You really made my day! I am so lucky to have a card made by you. It was a wonderful surprise.
Love,
Jessica R.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, this card is over the top AWESOME!!!! I just love how you colored her up and put her with all of those wonderful enamel dots. Yes, just wanting to have every dot out there. lol... I just checked out the digi site and boy do I need to work some overtime as there are a ton of images that I would love to get my Copics on. Hope your are doing well. I sure miss blogging and so hope to have our lives get back to normal soon so that I can again. Take care my friend. Hugs Lisa

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card!