Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Valentine's day...

Hello, hello!

It's been a while so I pulled out one of my Gorjuss Girl stamps for today's card. She's called The Last Rose and I love her hair and outfit but the original image has her standing in a flower pot... which I've found kind of limiting. So I decided to do a bit of altering and wipe away the flower pot as well as her closed eyes before stamping. Then I grabbed one of my trusty multi-liner pens and drew in her missing feet as well as some open eyes. That made this little Gorjuss Girl much easier for me to work with. And I guess the altering didn't end there because I also replaced the leaf she was originally holding with a die cut heart since I ended up using her for a Valentine. I used some more paper from the Love Notes paper pad and even paper pieced her dress with that pretty floral print. I'm happy that I can now cross The Last Rose off my 'never been inked' list and I love how she turned out. :)

Later gators! 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Crate (Love Notes)
stamp- Santoro (The Last Rose Gorjuss Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Simon Says Stamp heart die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E41, E42, E43, E44
clothes- R30, R32, E81, W00, W1, W3

16 comments:

Delphine said...

How beautiful and creative, Amy!!! Hugs Delphine xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Amy, love what you have achieved with that little bit of altering! Jo x

Danni said...

So pretty and cute!! You are just a rockstar!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty!

Heidi Brawley said...

Omgggggg you are the altering Queen! ! This is BEAUTIFUL! !!!! I LOVE the soft pretty colors too!!♡♡♡♡♡
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the image!

Debora said...

So gorjuss Amy!Such cute stamps, I really must get some of those. Love the papers you've chosen to use and the colors are great! Thanks for the inspiration today! Hugs!

Cami said...

Very sweet and pretty!

Heidi Brawley said...

P.S. Congrats on winning the Kraftin Kimmie challenge! !!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card.

Julie D. Richards said...

Such a pretty, very girly card. She is so precious with her paper pieced dress.

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Super Cute!! I love all your alterations. tfs Love Ya' Patricia B

Laura Love said...

Wow! This is super adorable! I love the soft colors and your coloring is too cute!

A Little Bit of Lovely said...

Cuteness! Your altering always turns out so awesome

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh wow I have not been blogging for a while and so pleased that I stopped by here for a look. Beautiful cards as always. Nice to see you are still going strong.

mwah
Trace

Juls said...

Beautiful, live the paper pieced dress hugs Juls