Saturday, February 22, 2014

Forget me not...

Welcome to the weekend everybody!

While the weather still hasn't made up it's mind here... one day it snows, the next it all melts off... I've decided to move on with my spring themed card making once and for all. :)

Sad to say, this baby fairy has been stamped and sitting on my desk for the better part of a year just waiting to make it onto a card. Since I just got a brand new set of these baby sprites from Penny Black I figured I should color up this cutie from the Fairy Sweet set before diggin' into the new ones. Plus I have this great sheet of paper from the Pebbles Garden Party collection that looks like pretty seed packets which I've been really wanting to use. I chose the Forget Me Nots as they most looked like the little flower the fairy is holding and went from there. With so much going on in the paper this ended up being one of the rare cards that I saved the sentiment for the inside, it says 'Sending Love, Just Because'.

Well, that's all I've got for today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch ya manana! 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pebbles (Garden Party)
stamps- Penny Black (Fairy Sweet), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Prima shabby tote
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, Y32, Y35, E21
everything else- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, G000, BG32, BG45, Y35, Y38, G0000

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Amy, this is gorgeous! We have hundreds of sweet snowdrops bobbing their heads in our garden today so perhaps Spring really is on the way, Jo x

Marianne said...

This is so sweet Amy. Over here it seemed almost summer these past weeks during the day, although today was a bit greyish. And to think that the pessimists had forecast the coldest winter ever for Crete...
Have a wonderful weekend!
Marianne x

Julie D. Richards said...

Adorable. I know this is a Penny Black, but it must be drawn by Mo Manning. So sweet.

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Adorable card, I love that image with the wispy hair and cherub cheeks. Super cute card!
Have a great weekend and I hope the weather clears up for ya.
^.^

Lusilla said...

This card is very very nice. I will have the same stamp soon and I'm very happy.

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is super cute looking! ! Fabulous Spring card!!! I know what you mean on the weird weather. THIS is the warmest February ever for us. Feels summer with 100 degree temps are gonna b around the corner. Not ready for that!!! Take care! !
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke