Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The moon laughs and whispers...

Good morning! 

How about a little Tiddly Inks love today with this sweet kitty from the Set of Kittys? His crazy fuzzy fur totally reminds me of my crazy Smokey Joe so of course I had to turn him into a black cat for this Halloween card. This time around I grabbed the Halloween Scene stamp from CC Designs and did a bit of altering to make it fit the design I had in mind. I did that by stamping it three different times... once for the moon so that I could shift it to the left and twice to piece together a longer fence. I also got creative with inks and a stencil from Simon Says to lay the ground work for the entire scene... if I'm honest it took me three tries to finally get it right because I was having issues. As I was tossing attempt number two in the trash I was thinking why oh why didn't I just grab my beloved pattern paper? LOL! But when it all finally came together I was so proud of myself for having stepped outside my comfort zone and tried something new. :)

Later gators!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Tiddly Inks (set of kittys)
stamps- CC Designs (Halloween scene), Papertrey Ink (Full Moon set)
ink- Versafine onyx black, Tim Holtz Distress dried marigold and wilted violet
Simon Says Stamp diagonal stripe stencil
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
cat- C5, C7, C9, C10, T3, T7, T9, R02
fence- E55, E43, E35, G99
moon- Y0000, Y000, 0

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe... it's just Purrrrfect!!!!! Love your creativeness! !!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Marianne said...

Too cute! Hmm, I think my SSS stencil could also use a little love...
Marianne x

Tracey Ann said...

This is such a great card! So glad you persisted... the background is fantastic!

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant cat - I love that crazy kitty, Jo x