Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Oh, my Lordy bees...

Hi gals!

I have some exciting news to share this morning. Recently I was invited to join the design team for 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store, formerly 7 Kids College Fund. There are so many great crafty supplies to be found there that I am just tickled pink to help represent this fine shop. So to kick things off with my new team I have made a card for the March 'anything goes' challenge on the 7 Kids challenge blog. Playing along is easy, all you have to do is use at least one product that can be found in the 7 Kids store and link back to the challenge blog in your own post, which gives you a chance at winning a $20 gift certificate at the end of the month... who doesn't love that?
For my challenge inspiration card I decided to ink up one of the cute mini Gorjuss Girl stamps called The Pretend Friend. Because I also found this bright, pretty floral print in the Echo Park Happiness is Homemade collection I knew that I wanted my Gorjuss Girl to have blond hair. That can be difficult with the GG stamps sometimes because there are so many lines in the hair that stamping in black ink can really dull down any attempts at light color hair. So this seemed to be the perfect opportunity for some no-line coloring and by stamping her in a lighter ink she really turned into quite the Goldilocks. Talk about a happy looking card! 

Alrighty, I hope to see some of my crafty friends joining the fun with me this month over at 7 Kids!   :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Happiness is Homemade)
stamps- DoCrafts (Gorjuss No. 3 The Pretend Friend), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento desert sand and tuxedo black, Studio Calico sunny day
My Favorite Things stitched scallop rectangle die
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, E04, R30, R20
hair- YR30, Y21, Y26, E35
clothes- BG53, BG57, BG18, YG67, G29, C1, C3
toy-  T1, T5, T7, T10, Y11, Y18, Y17
ground/dandelions/sky- E41, E42, E43, E44, YG67, G29, E81, BG0000, 0

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is soooo very Beautiful!!!! Congratulations on your DT spot too!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Congratulations on the DT spot, well deserved. I love Gorjuss Girl images and you of course did an awesome job. Beautiful card. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Wow... just love the colors! And your gorjuss girl could not be more darling. Sweet reminder that we're approaching Spring and all the lovely colors that go along with it! 🙂