Monday, March 27, 2017

You're Super...

Good morning! 

As soon as I saw this week's sketch challenge over on the MFT blog I knew that I wanted to make a superhero card. I think it was the speech bubble in the corner that really got the comic book idea stuck in my brain. So all I had to decide was do I use the Super Boy or Super Girl stamp? In the end I went with the boy simply because I do so many girlie cards that this would be a fun change up. I kept the classic Superman color scheme for his costume and even gave this little guy some super hero blue/black hair too. I also ended up altering his face a little by drawing in eyebrows and a smirk to make him look a bit more confident than the original image. The die cut cityscape in the background and the sentiment are all part of the Zappy Birthday set from Papertrey Ink. I really liked that the font had that classic comic book look.

Ok then, time for me to fly off, LOL! 
Talk at'cha later!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, Copic X-Press It and Bazzill
stamps- My Favorite Things (BB Super Boy), Papertrey Ink (Zappy Birthday set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Studio Calico sunny day, Tim Holtz Distress mermaid lagoon, faded jeans and chipped sapphire
My Favorite Things stitched square frame die
Papertrey Ink Zappy Birthday dies
My Favorite Things sun ray stencil
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, E04, R00, R20
hair- C5, C8, C10, 100, B16
clothes- B16, B37, B39, R05, R08, E18, Y08, Y15, Y17, BV23 

5 comments:

Tracey Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Amy! This is so awesome! Love the blue in his hair... and the scene you created. Only you could accomplish a night scene with such uplifting brightness. Love love love!!!

Julie D. Richards said...

Super cute Amy. Awesome boy card. Hugs.

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is soooo very Super Cute!!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Juls said...

Fabulous xx

Tommie said...

Wow, I'm so in love with this card. His eyebrows are the best thing ever, with that smirk they really add some sass!