Monday, March 20, 2017

Friends & flowers never fade...

Good morning! 

Today I'm having a bit of fun with the Bloom Bean kit that I pre-ordered from The Greeting Farm. I adore the floral theme of this kit and the Beans are always too stinkin' cute so I couldn't wait for this to arrive in my mailbox. Then the dilemma is always about choosing the first one to ink up. Emery caught my eye right away, probably because I've been binge watching Moana over and over this past week and she kinda looks like baby Moana to me. Which probably explains my coloring choices as well. At first I thought I would color her flowers like bright and colorful tulips but when I found this scrap of Lily of the Valley paper I figured the flowers in her hair could just as easily be little lilies. So a soft and subtle color palette is what I ended up going with this time. Who knows, maybe I will still do a tulip version of her in the near future. I also wanted her to be a little fairy so I die cut some butterfly wings out of vellum and glued them to her back to fulfill that transformation. :)

Alrighty folks, off to work I go. Thanks for stopping by!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- NRN Designs
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Bloom kit), Papertrey Ink (embroidered borders set, happy trails set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico going green
My Favorite Things stitched edge die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Memory Box butterfly die
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E21, E34, R30, R20, E71
hair- W7, W8, W10, 110
clothes- E50, E51, G24, G46, G29, E81

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is sooo very pretty!!!!!! Love her cute wings too!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

I couldn't say it any better than Heidi. Hugs.

Juls said...

Just beautiful xx

Tracey Ann said...

Such a darling little Bean! That LOTV paper is beautiful... adore the softness of this card. So clever how you created wings for her... and I can't close without mentioning her hair. Shiny fabulousness!!! ❤️❤️❤️