Thursday, June 22, 2017

I'd cross an ocean for you...

Hello, hello!

I can't believe that I let it get this late in the month before getting one of the gorgeous mermaids from A Day For Daisies onto a card. I have a handful who have yet to fulfill their creative destiny and it was super hard to choose who would go first. Ultimately Mermaid's Lost Shoe won the day, mostly because I liked the subtle interaction between the two worlds being portrayed in this image. Now you may be wondering what's all this about a lost shoe? Well... the original image has the mermaid holding some high heel shoes. I masked them off before printing and was able to get rid of them since I didn't need them for the sentiment and scene I wanted to create. Then I got to coloring and I went for a very bright and bold tail on this mer, and yes the fluorescent Copics even came out to play, LOL! I even added a bit of fluorescent green to the ends of her flowing hair, I guess it got a bit of algae in it. ;)

Well, after a couple days off it's back to work I go. Have a good one!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Mermaid's Lost Shoe)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things Blueprints die
Ranger liquid pearls
Ranger glossy accents
Sharpie white marker
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
mermaid skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
lips- R43
hair- YR30, YR31, E53, FYG1, YG21, YG25
top- E81, E84
tail- B16, B18, B39, FYG1, YG00, YG01, FBG2, BG23, YG25, BG09
legs- E50, E21, E13
bathing suit- FRV1, RV04, RV09
sand- E41, E42, E43
dock- E84, E87, E89
water- B00, B01, B02, 0, Y00