Monday, June 26, 2017

Sea you soon...

Good morning!

I can't believe this is the last week of my month of mermaids for June. When I realized I only had five more mermaid themed cards to make it got really hard narrowing down who those last five would be. As I was going through things on my desk I found the Party Like a Pirate set from MFT and immediately remembered an idea I had for combining it with the Mermazing set. So I took a look at this week's sketch challenge and it all came together to really make the decision for me. I masked the mermaid off at the waist to give her the appearance of emerging from the water and I also turned the stamp so just the tip of her tail was poking out of the water too. Next I grabbed the pretty little pirate princess with her spyglass and added some palm trees behind her from the retired Tiki Party set. I colored in the sandy beach and ocean then masked everything off and stenciled in the sunshine in the background. I really couldn't be happier with how this card turned out. :)

See ya back here tomorrow for more mermazing fun! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- My Favorite Things (BB Mermazing set, BB Party Like a Pirate set and BB Tiki Party set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico Buttercup and Sunny Day
My Favorite Things cross-stitch rectangle die
My Favorite Things sun ray stencil
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
pirate
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- T6, T8, T10
clothes- E81, E84, W00, R14, R24, R29, 0, C3, C7, C9, E43, E47
spyglass- Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28, BG11
mermaid
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR21, YR15, YR68, E09
top- V04, V06, V09
tail- B01, BG45, BG09, BG11
starfish- Y32, Y17, Y38, Y02
water- BG11, BG23, BG34
sand- E30, E31, E33
palm trees- Y02, YG23, YG17, G29, E23, E25, E27

3 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Amy you are mermazing! Love love love this card. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Amy,,, What a fabulous and fun piece of art! Love your creativity with the stamp sets... and how they spill out over the edge. The coloring, and textures ;)... inspiration, my dear friend!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on being spotted at MFT, Amy! I knew you would be!