Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Waving hello...

Hi there!

It's Tuesday and you know what that means... time for my weekly 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store card creation. For today's mermaid I grabbed one of the newest Kraftin' Kimmie mermaids to hit the store and she's called Sandy Seawater. Now if you take a look at the original image you might be saying that this one looks a bit different... well, that's because I did a tiny bit of altering to her smile. As much as I love this mermaid in general, I wasn't super crazy about her wide open mouth. So after inking Sandy up I wiped away her mouth with a baby wipe and then stamped her on my cardstock. This left the bottom half of her face blank and all I had to do was draw in a simple smile line as a replacement. Those jellyfish were a lot of fun to color too, they had me pulling out the fluorescent Copics which hardly ever happens. Then I added glossy accents to them for good measure and that really brought them to life. 

Alrighty, well the May Challenge just wrapped up but be sure to check out the 7 Kids blog tomorrow when June's Challenge kicks off! With all the new goodies Kelly has been bringing into the store that $20 gift certificate that is up for grabs could really help to fill a shopping cart! ;)
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps (Sandy Seawater set), Hero Arts (Mermazing Messages set), Stampin' Up (Sea Street set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Hero Arts blue
My Favorite Things wonky stitched rectangle die
Ranger liquid pearls
Ranger glossy accents
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YG00, YG03, G07, G29, Y04, Y08, Y19, Y26
eyes- B66, B69, BV29, BG000, 100
lips- RV42, RV13, RV25
top- BV02, BV04, BV08
tail- R89, RV69, R29, R46, RV25, RV04, FRV1, Y17, YR15, YR07, FY1
sand- E81, E84, E87, E89
water- B01, BG02, B05, B16, B39
jellyfish- FYG1, FV2, FRV1, FBG2

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG you made this look Mermazing!!!!! I have never bought this stamp because I can't stand her mouth the way it was originally drawn!!!! Wish I had an ounce of your drawing talent to fix stamps like you have here!!!!! Those jellyfishes look pretty Awesome too!!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

You're on a roll with the mermaids. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Good grief, Amy! This card is fabulous. The colors!!! I just love the texture you created in her tail... and the hair! The camera picked up the dimension and iridescence of those jellyfish... can't say enough how much I love this beautiful creation!! ❤️