Monday, July 16, 2018

Birthday star...

Good morning!

I can't believe we are half way through July already! I figured that if I was going to continue on with my personal challenge to create birthday cards for each of the Stamping Bella Zodiac Girls then I had better get Cancer done before the signs switch up in a few days. So here she is in all her watery glory. Cancer is the sign of the Crab and she is  sensitive, imaginative, emotional, sympathetic and kind. She possesses an active, shrewd and intuitive mind. Her signature colors are sea green and silver, the shimmering colors of the water and the moon. This go round I was inspired to create a bit of a scene as I imagined this gorgeous, goddess like figure emerging from shallow bay waters surrounded by sweeping willow tree branches. I didn't go super detailed with it since I wanted the sentiment to still be easily read over the image. Again, the sentiment is a mix of stamps with the top being from the Papertrey Ink Stargazer sets and the Cancer description comes with Miss Cancer herself. 
Be sure to check back tomorrow when I share a fun card that I've made with the altered version of Cancer, it is quite the 180 from this soft and serene design and such an easy change up. ;)

Laters!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Zodiac Girls Cancer), Papertrey Ink (stargazer set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, desert sand and london fog, Versafine onyx black
My Favorite Things blueprints die
Sharpie extra fine white marker
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- C1, C3, C5, BV29
flowers- RV52, Rv55, R85, R89
gown- G000, G00, BG34, BG11
crab- YG21, YG03, YG93, YG95, G28, G99, B05, B37, B39, YR30, R14, R59
background- E41, E42, B52, B41, BG11, BG53, BG45, YG11, BV0000, BV000, G82, G85

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is so very Beautiful....this is my sign....Love it all!!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Lori said...

I'm a Cancer so this is my favorite! Such a beautiful card!

Christine Dol said...

Holy Wow Amy! This is gorgeous!

Tracey Ann said...

Absolutely stunning, Amy. You could not have created the scene you imagined more beautifully. Just, WOW!

Aileen said...

just blown away by this amazing colouring, that wonderful gown she is wearing, the vines hanging down and your water wow