Tuesday, July 17, 2018

If your thighs touch...

Hello again!

Yesterday I shared my card using the gorgeous Cancer zodiac girl in all her star sign awesomeness. As is becoming tradition around the ol' blog, today I have a very different version of the stamp that actually didn't require too much altering and what I did do is super simple. Initially I was thinking of wiping away the crab but I kept coming back to the problem of what I could replace it with since her hand looks like it needs to be holding something. It wasn't until I decided to embrace the crab that my A-Ha! moment hit... I would turn her into a summer time beach babe. First I wiped away the flowers from her hair before stamping then used a black multi-liner pen to draw in the missing hair. Next I cut the image off just above the knees, grabbed my multi-liner again and drew in a simple Y shape to transform her long, elegant gown into a stylish one piece swimsuit. Seriously, you don't have to have any amazing drawing skills to accomplish this transformation. Once I masked off my new Cancer girl, I used the retired Beach Background stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps to set the scene and I couldn't be happier with the pairing. The sentiment is from a new Whimsy set called Salty Hair and considering I drew in those thighs, it really made me chuckle. ;)    

Thanks for stopping by!
Supply list:
cardstock-  Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Zodiac Girl Cancer), Kraftin' Kimmie (The Beach Background), Whimsy Stamps (Salty Hair set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Hero Arts unicorn white
Lawn Fawn stitched border die
Doodlebug washi tape
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Sharpie extra fine white marker
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
skin- E31, E34, E35, E93
hair- E44, E47, E49
swimsuit- Y0000, Y02, Y18, Y17, Y35, YR04, YR18
crab- YR30, YR12, YR09, R39
palm trees- E55, E59, YG00, G07, G29
stones- T1, T2, T4,T5
bushes- RV04, Rv09, YG13, G17, G99, G29
sand- E50, E51, E21, E33, E42
sky/sea- B01, B02, B04, B05, 0