Monday, July 23, 2018

Salty kisses...

Good morning! 

I don't have a lot of time this morning so I've gotta make this a quick post. In fact it has been a super busy weekend with not a lot of crafty time to be had, lucky for me I have plenty of TGF release day cards still waiting to go up here. One of those cards from the latest release is this one featuring a mix of the tiny Mermaid Kisses cuties each with her own personal pal from the Happy to See You set. I did use a mirror stamp to flip the little orange mermaid so she would sit nicely on the hermit crab, otherwise it is just some simple masking and stamping to get them all in place. The underwater cave scene was inspired by one of Sandy Allnock's cards over on Instagram and even though it was a bit of a challenge to figure what layers to put down first I couldn't be happier with the end results. Sandy's work always inspires me and challenges me to be braver and try new things, if you haven't checked her out yet you really should. 

Ok, I'm outta here... catch ya later! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Mermaid Kisses set and Happy to Sea You set), Honey Bee Stamps (Mermaid Song set), My Favorite Things (mirror stamp)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Studio Calico clear blue and lime light
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
My Favorite Things banner stax
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
pink mermaid
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R20
hair- RV02, RV11, RV14
tail- RV04, RV14, RV29
top- RV29
flower- Y02, Y19
octopus- RV02, RV13, RV25
green mermaid
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R20
hair- Y02, YG03, YG17, YG67
tail- YG17, G29
top- YG07
seahorse- YG00, YG13, G07, FBG2
orange mermaid
skin- E21, E23, R20
hair- Y04, Y17, Y38
tail- YR07, YR18, E09
top- YR04
crab- Y04, Y35, YR04, YR18, YR07
water- BG11, BG32, B12, B04
cave- B39, BV29, YG05, YG07, G07
sand- E30, E33, E35, E37, E39, E97


3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is totally FINTASTIC looking!!!!! Looooooove!!!! That scene is just so Mermazing looking!!!!
Hugs,
Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

The depth you achieved with this scene is awesome. Hugs.

Debbie L said...

I am sure you do Sandy proud. Not only a stunning background, but the Human Rainbow too! Beautiful job.