Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Have a magical day...

Hello friends!

It's my day to post over at the Greeting Farm blog and even though we just wrapped up the July release, I had one more idea featuring some of the new stamps that I simply had to get it out of my head and turn it into a card. By now some of you may have noticed how much I enjoy mixing new and old stamp sets, so how could I not pair up one of the new Mermaid Kisses cuties with one of her magical fairy cousins from the Fairy Happy set? Talk about a match made in Fantasy Land, LOL! To create this happy little meeting I inked up the mermaid but then wiped the ink away from the underside of her tail before stamping. This allowed me to color the water up around her, giving her the appearance of floating in the shallows. Then I stamped the fairy flying above and added the twirly 'steam' stamp from the Mini Remix Brewtiful set behind her to allude to the fairy's crazy flight path. The rest of the scene was colored in using my Copic markers and I added some glittery Stickles at the end to make it look like the fairy is sprinkling pixie dust all over her wet friend. :)  

Alrighty then, I hope your day is a crafty one!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Mermaid Kisses set and Fairy Happy set, Mega Mini Brewtiful set), Lawn Fawn (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico clear blue
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Doodlebug paper frills
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white marker
Ranger Stickles
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R20
fairy
hair- Y11, Y21, Y19
dress- RV0000, RV21, RV14
wings- BG11
mermaid
hair- RV02, BV02, BV13, BV08
tail- BG10, BG32, BG23
top- BG09
water- B0000, B00, B01
sky- BG0000, BG000, 0, Y0000
sand- E40, E41, E31, E43
grass- YG00, YG03, YG25
cat tails- E55, E57, YG17, YG67 
tree- E84, E87, G43, G24, G46
bushes- G21, G24