Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A smooth sea...

Hey there! 

Yesterday was another busy day with no time for coloring which made today the perfect day to share this card that I did during Saturday's Live coloring video in the 7 Kids Customers Create group. We were celebrating the Sweet November Vault release for May, which is still available at 7 Kids until Saturday the 25th, and the gals voted on coloring up Shimmer Redkelp and her pal Otto. We had so much fun getting carried away with the whole pirate theme, first by turning her bandana into a pirate flag then dressing her otter pals as little deck hands and finally by adding in the pirate ship and stormy sky for extra drama... I'm telling you, we had a blast with this one! The rest of the card I put together after the fact by finding the perfect sentiment in my stamp stash and some washi tapes that matched the clothes my characters ended up wearing. I can't even tell you how happy this different tke on Shimmer makes me, I smile from ear to ear every time I look at it. :)

TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Sweet November (Shimmer Redkelp and Otto)
stamp- The Ton (Mermaid Vibes)
ink- Versamark watermark
American Crafts white embossing powder
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Ranger glossy accents
Nuvo gold luxe dream drops
October Afternoon washi tape and sticker
Doodlebug washi tape
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
I don't have a list but you can see the colors used in this video

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Super Awesome!!!!!!!!! LOooooooooooooooove it!!!!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Julie D. Richards said...

Just stunning. Wish I had been able to join you live. Hugs.

Deni(se) said...

This is nothing short of amazing. The mermaid and her friends the otters are adorable and I like the drama you added with the pirate ship and stormy sky. Wow!