Thursday, May 23, 2019

Lots of sunshine...

Hello, hello! 

Have you seen the newest Mama Elephant stamps to arrive at 7 Kids? They are SO cute! I just got my hands on a couple of the new summer sets and I couldn't wait to get these cute Beach Chickies on a card. Because they are on the smaller side I wanted to change things up a bit and instead of coloring in an entire card front I cut a skinny strip and contained my beachy scene within it so it reads as more of a snapshot. This left me some room to play with a stenciled background as well. Rather than color them up as traditional chicks I thought it made more sense to have a bunch of seagulls playing at the beach so out came my grey markers. From the looks of these pudgy little seagulls they certainly don't miss many opportunities to steal a french fry or two, LOL! All in all this turned into quite the happy little card. ;)

Laters!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Mama Elephant (Beach Chickies and Summer Splash)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico sunny day
My Favorite Things circle stax die
Lawn Fawn stitched border die
Heffy Doodle stencil
Nuvo jewel drops limoncello and sea breeze
Copic markers:
sand- E50, E31, E33
water- BG10, BG11, BG53
seagulls- C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, Y17
flamingo floatie- FRV1 RV06, RV19, C2, 100
crabs- YR04, YR09, E19
towel/umbrella- Y02, Y15, Y19, C1, C2, V22
shorts- FBG2, FB2
starfish- V04, V06, V09

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is SUPER DUPER ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love how you made them Seagulls!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

The chick in the sand like a mermaid, adorable. Hugs.