Saturday, May 25, 2019

Just keep swimming...

Hello friends!

I'm up on the Blogabella with another Scenic Saturday card today. I couldn't let MerMay come and go without inking up the beautiful Tiny Townie Mermaid. She is definitely one of my all time favorites and making an under the sea scene with her is super easy because of all the fun little element stamps that come with her. With a bit of masking I was able to have her floating right among all that seaweed and her special treasure chest. But I didn't stop there, I also grabbed the Under the Sea Backdrop set while I had everything masked and by strategically inking first one side and stamping then shifting the stamp and inking the opposite side then stamping, I was able to make a long stamp, designed more for horizontal cards, work on my vertical card because where the lines would meet is hidden behind the treasure. For me that is part of the fun of stamping, seeing how I can work with the stamps I have in different ways like masking, layering and selective inking, to really stretch how I can use them on various cards. So as always I encourage you to look at the Bella stamps you have in your crafty stash with fresh eyes and an adventurous spirit as you come up with new and fun stamp combinations. :)

Toodles!
 Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Mermaid, Under the Sea Backdrop and Under the Sea sentiment set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Nuvo cloud nine dream drops
Ranger glossy accents
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00,R20
hair- YR21, YR24, YR27, E39
tail- BV00, BV11, BV13, BV17, BV08, R81, R83, RV99
top- Y11, Y21, Y26, YG03
shell- E50, E51, E97, E99
bubbles- BG10, RV10, Y00
treasure chest- E43, E44, E47, Y02, Y21, Y26, E27
seaweed- YG03, YG95, YG99
cave wall- BV23, BV25, BV29
sand- E30, E31, E33, E34
water- BG10, B00, BG53, BG09

1 comments: