Thursday, July 18, 2019

Hello, friend...

Hey there! 

It's not too late for another mermaid card, right? Not when this pair of cuties from Mo's Digital Pencil jumped into my cart there last month! This image is called Hello Friend and I could just die from the cuteness, I mean seriously the look on that little mermaid's face up on the rock... priceless and oh so sweet! And to all my fellow Stranger Things fans, doesn't the mermaid peeking out of the water kind of look like Dustin? LOL, like I said... SO cute! I wanted to create some dramatic waterfalls behind them and with all that water and the sky the card was looking very monochromatic blue. Which isn't a bad thing but because I wanted these two friends to really pop I took advantage of all those cool colors in the background and went the complete opposite on the mermaids using lots of bright, warm colors for a nice contrast. I love how this brings them front and center and that even with all of that going on in the background, they are very much the stars of the show. ;)

Alrighty, I'm off to get some stuff done around the house before I can play. Have a good one everybody!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- Mo's Digital Pencil (Hello Friend)
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20, E93
hair 1- YR21, YR15, E99, E29
hair 2- Y00, Y21, E33, E35
tail- Y04, Y18, YR04, YR09, R29, R89
rock/cliffs- V20, C2, C3, C4, C6, C8, Y00
barnacles- E81, E84
sky- B0000, B91, B32, C00, C1, Y0000
sea- B0000, B000, B41, B12, B14

3 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

Such a lovely card! Nicely done!

Martina said...

I love to watch your creations every day! This new Mo Manning digi is too cute and you made such a fabulous card! A good idea to use another colour-combination.
GReetings from Austria,
Martina

Julie D. Richards said...

I loooove these two beauties. Hugs.