Monday, January 25, 2021

A very good day...

Good morning!

I found myself playing with another of the new stamp sets from Hello Bluebird yesterday but rather than create a background by hand I really wanted to use this handy dandy Big Mountain Scene die. It's always fun to shake things up a bit and not rely solely on my Copics to add color and shading to a scene. So I did some ink blending for the sky and bottom half of the mountains and saved my Copics to color the snowy hills and snow caps. The happy dancing pair of Polar Friends were colored with Copics and fussy cut before adding them to the scene. I wanted something big and bold for the sentiment and I found the perfect saying in the older Happy Wishes set. Now usually I don't decorate the inside of a card but because the sentiment needed to continue within, I also pulled out the Holiday Flurries set and added a sprinkling of snowflakes around that second half of the sentiment. It's a simple touch but I think pretty cute. :)

Toodles!  


 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Polar Friends, Happy Wishes and Holiday Flurries)
ink- Memento london fog and Catherine Pooler mint to be, aquatini, daydeam, sweet sixteen and grape crush

Hello Bluebird Big Mountain Scene die
Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white

Copic markers:
snow- BG000, BG70, BG72, 0

penguin- W00, W0, W2, E41, BV20, R000, R30, C4, C5, C6, C7, C10, Y000, Y11, Y32, YR12, YR18

scarf- V01, BV01, BV13, V25, V17
polar bear- W00, W0, W2, E41, BV20, R000, R30