Saturday, January 2, 2021

Birthday hugs...

Hello, hello!

It's my first Scenic Saturday card of 2021 over on the Bellarific blog. It was a couple years back now that I challenged myself to create cards each month using the Uptown Zodiac Girls. I really enjoyed working my way through the entire collection and have kind of missed it. So this year I've decided to do something similar with the Tiny Townie Garden Girl collection, each month I'm going to color up the flower which represents that month. Lovely little Carnation is January's flower and I've colored her into a soft and subtle winter scene where we can see the snow just beginning to recede. I know that carnations come in many hues but for some reason pink is always the first color that comes to my mind when I think of them so that is what I used on this pretty gal. While the colors are bolder than those used in the background I still kept her overall look rather subdued as carnations aren't the showiest of flowers. To finish the card all I had to do was grab a sentiment from the Birthday Sentiments set and she was ready to celebrate a January birthday.

Alrighty friends, let's fill this year with all sorts of coloring and card making goodness! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Garden Girl Carnation and Birthday Sentiment set
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink sweet blush
Papertrey Ink noted scalloped die
sequins
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- R000, R00, V91, V93, V95
flowers/dress- RV10, RV42, RV25, E04, G20, G24, G43, BG96, BG99

sky- BV0000, BV31, 0, R000, RV0000, YR30
snow/ground- B0000, B000, BV0000, BV31, E30, E31, E42, E43, E44
flowers/trees- RV42, G24, BG96, N3