Thursday, January 7, 2021

Thank you for your kindness...

Hello, hello!

With the sparkle and magic of the holiday season behind us it can be easy to feel the doldrums of a long drawn out winter still ahead. As crafters and card makers we know that one of the bright spots of winter weather keeping us cooped up inside is that we can escape through our creations and Hello Bluebird offers so many adorable stamp sets to do just that. So when I sat down to create yesterday I found it difficult to choose only one set to color. Instead of making a tough choice I decided to get creative and combine two of the newest sets, My Snowman and Feed the Birds, with a little help from the older Frosty Littles set

Looking at the sweet snowman from the My Snowman set I thought that his extended hand could be holding bird seed so rather than pair him with the cutie that comes in the same set I instead paired him with the birds and one of the gals from the Feed the Birds set. The small cabin from the Frosty Littles set was stamped in Memento London Fog to help give it the appearance of being further in the distance. Then all I had left to do was grab my Copic markers and color in this friendly winter scene with the help of all those who joined me during my Live Facebook video

It always amazes me how simply mixing and matching stamp sets can broaden their uses and the types of cards you can create with them. So never be afraid to take a creative leap with your stamping because the resulting card may just become a new personal favorite.

Stay crafty my friends!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (My Snowman, Feed the Birds and Frosty Littles)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa and london fog

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof white
Copic markers:

sorry, I didn't keep a list but you can see the colors used here