Thursday, September 23, 2021

Spooky...

Hello friends!

Today I've got a card that is WAY outside the box for me. Can you believe that I didn't pull out a single stamp to use on this card? Me! The girl who loves to color up stamped scenes and nada! That's because there are so many fantastic scene building dies at Hello Bluebird that I wanted to challenge myself to create a card using only dies. That doesn't mean I wasn't able to pull out my Copics and do some coloring as well. To start building this Halloween scene I started with a slimline base using the Winter Walk scene die, changing it up from its original intended use by coloring in the 'snowy' hills as grass instead. Next I added the sentiment that was cut out using the new Knightly large alpha dies and a couple of the ghosts from the Ghostly Night die set. The tombstones and bats were borrowed from the older Spooky Scene die and the cat and large tree are both from the Halloween Tree die set. A pair of pumpkins from the new Jack set were the perfect finishing touches. So while it may be a bit of a change up, it still tells a story which always makes me quite happy.  :)

Laters!  


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things 
Hello Bluebird Winter Walk scene die
Hello Bluebird Spooky Scene die
Hello Bluebird Knightly LC large alpha dies
Hello Bluebird Jack die
Hello Bluebird Halloween Tree die
Hello Bluebird Ghostly Night die
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
sky- BG10, BG11, BG32, BG34, BG45, BG49, BG78, C1
trees- W4, W5, W6, W8
ground- YG23, G94, G99, BG99
mountains- BG90, BG72, BG75, BG78
tombstones- N2, N3, N4, N6
cat- C4, C6, C8, YG23
ghosts- BG70, BG10, BG11, FBG2, BG78
bats- W5, W6, C7
front tree- E74, E77, W3, W4, W7
pumpkins- YR15, YR04, YR27, YR18, E84, E87, Y02, Y08