Saturday, September 11, 2021

True friendship...

Hello bellas!

It's my first Scenic Saturday post for September over on the Bellarific Blog. That means I've got another card in my Year of Flowers with the Tiny Townie Garden Girls to share. September's flower is the Morning Glory and I chose to color her in the classic Heavenly Blue variety. I've always loved morning glory flowers but I've never had much luck growing them. They always seem to take forever to climb up the trellis or fence and by the time they get big enough to do anything the weather turns and I never see any blooms. That slow growing is probably why I borrowed this sentiment from Tiny Townie Susie the Succulent, LOL! Still, even though I don't have much of a green thumb I can always turn to my stamps to appreciate some botanical beauties. For the background I decided to go with a landscape but I changed it up a bit from my usual style by exaggerating the roundness of all the hills and trees, making the whole scene look much more cartoon like. That stylization lends an overall cheeriness to the card that I really like with this happy little flower.  

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Garden Girl Morning Glory and Tiny Townie Susie the Succulent)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things Blueprints die

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- Y11, Y18, Y26
dress/flowers- B0000, B21, B23, B14, B06, B37, YG05, YG09, YG67, BG99

sky- BG10, BG11, BG53, BG72

path- E30, E31, E33, E43, E44

background- YG11, YG41, YG45, YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG67, Y11, Y02, Y04, Y06, Y08, G94, BG96