Saturday, March 5, 2022

A best friend...

Hello, hello!

I'm up on the Bellarific Blog with a Scenic Saturday card that has all the feels. I figured it was a good time to show the Squidgies some more love so I grabbed my stamps to see which one would light that creative spark. To my surprise and delight it was a mash-up of two Squidgy cuties that got my wheels turning. Many of the Squidgies include two versions in the package, a large one and a small one and as cute as they are I had never actually inked up any of the smaller versions. That all changed when I noticed how adorable it would be to pair the larger Squidgy and Teddy with the small version of Grumpy Squidgy. I stamped Grumpy first then masked her off before stamping Squidgy and Teddy slightly higher and overlapping. That way when I removed the mask it would look like Squidgy is bringing a teddy bear to surprise and cheer up her grumpy little friend with. I mean seriously, how can she not cheer up when gifted with a teddy that is bigger than she is?! I colored these two friends into a simple indoor scene with a wood floor, base board and wall. This allowed me to add the sentiment above and frame it like an art print hanging on the wall behind them. Sometimes it doesn't take more than a few simple lines to effectively tell a delightful story with your stamps.  :)  

Stay crafty my friends! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Grumpy Squidgy, Squidgy and Teddy and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

happy girl hair- E74, E77, E79, W10
happy girl clothes- RV10, RV11, RV13, RV34

grumpy girl hair- E50, E51, E53, E55

grumpy girl clothes- N1, N3, N4, N5, N6, N10

teddy bear- E30, E31, E34, E43, E44, E49
floor- E31, E33, E74, E55, E44, E47, E49

wall/sign- E40, E81/C0, C1, E49


 

0 comments: