Saturday, March 19, 2022

There are always flowers...

Hello, hello!
 
I'm on the Bellarific Blog today with a new Scenic Saturday card to share. Now that all of the snow has finally melted out of the yard, we are finally getting the first signs of spring peeking up out of the flower beds. And while we don't have snowdrops to look forward to, I figured that Bundle Girl with a Snowdrop could look like crocus flowers in a pinch, and we have a lot of crocuses. Now the Bundle Girl with a Snowdrop image is on the smaller side, featuring the little cutie holding a sprig of two little flowers. Because I wanted to fill up more of the scene with a few more flowers I decided to do some creative stamping and modification. Using my Misti stamp platform, I first stamped and then masked off Bundle Girl. I then took the same stamp and turned it so that the flowers were standing vertically, inking only the top portion of the flowers and not the Bundle Girl, then stamping them directly over the masked image. I moved the stamp to the left and repeated the process behind her once again. I did the same thing for a smaller clump of flowers growing out in front of her and even inked up the flower on the end of her hat for a few extra blossoms. This gave me most of what I needed for my make-do flower bed, all I had to do was grab a 0.1 fine tip black pen to complete some of the missing stem and leaf lines and I was good to go. I love how this trick really immerses her into the lush flower bed that I imagined and gets a bit more mileage out of a stamp, which is always an extra bonus if you ask me. All I had to do from there was color them in pretty shades of purple and gold, even going so far as to loosely sketch in the hint of more crocus growing back beyond this little cutie and her special blooms. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Garden Girl Flower sentiment set in the upper left corner of the card to balance Bundle Girl on the right.

I hope this trick of selective inking inspires you to see just how far you can stretch the Stamping Bella stamps in your stash and take your creativity a step further. ;)  Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Bundle Girl with a Snowdrop and Garden Girl Flower sentiments
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Catherine Pooler serenade and sweet sixteen
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
clothes- V12, V05, V09, BV0000, BV00, BV01, V000, V01
sky- BG0000, BG000, BG01, B00, C00, C0, C1, 0
crocus- Y00, Y11, Y04, Y21, Y18, Y17, BV0000, V000, V12, BV00, V01, V05, V09, YG13, YG17, BG96
grass/ground- E31, E33, E43, E44/YG01, YG03, YG13

0 comments: