Sunday, October 9, 2022

Wicked fun...

Hello, hello!

I'm up on the TGF blog today and if you haven't noticed, I am still on a Halloween card kick. Since a wide variety of the Halloween images can be found in the digital stamp category of the TGF store, that's where I went to see which stamps would inspire me this time. Surprisingly, it wasn't even a Halloween digi that caught my eye this time around. Instead, it was this rather sly looking Fairy Winter that had me thinking I could transform her into a vampire fairly easily.Even though Fairy Winter is probably one of the oldest digis in the store, I knew I had her on my hard drive so the transformation was on! All I had to do digitally was use the crop tool to remove as much of the wings from her back as I could. There were a few small lines left behind but I was able to hide them in her dark hair once I began to color. The rest of her vampiress make over was in my coloring choices as well. I gave her very light and rather sallow skin to go with her ebon hair and gown. The crowning touch? Ruby red lips with a single stray drop of blood at the corner of her smirky smile. 

To help sell the whole vampire theme I added a bunch of the silhouette bats from the Halloween Nite digital set flying through the sky. I kept shrinking them smaller and smaller so it looks like they recede off into the distance. I also used this great sentiment from the Hallo Sentiments set both because it had bat wings and because she definitely looks a bit wicked. For a final finishing touch I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to give her gown an elegant shimmering sheen. I'm so thrilled with the over all transformation that I can't wait to revisit her other Fairy sisters and see what they can become.  ;)

Stay crafty my friends!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamps- The Greeting Farm (Fairy Winter, Halloween Nite set and Hallo Sentiments set)
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Tim Holtz moon stencil

Copic markers:

skin/lips- E0000, E000, E70, E71/R43, R46, R89

hair- T5, T6, T7, T10, 110
gown- C5, C6, C7, C8, C10
eyes/eye shadow- BV34/BV23, BV25, BV29

tombstones- W3, W4, W5, W6, W7, W8, W9
ground/hedge- E31, E42, E43, E44, YG91, YG93, YG95, G99/T7, T10

sky- Y21, Y26, YR23, YR24, E37, E79

moon- Y000, E81